The magic wand and the fairy hat took a little time to realise, because I had to figure out how to make them using what I have arround me. Cardboard for the hat is cut on my favorite box of tea. The stick for the magic wand is a cotton bud to which I took off the cotton. The idea for the heart came when I saw it would be very difficult to sew such a tiny star. If you have craft felt fabric, you might want to cut a little star and simply glue it to the stick. You can also realise all these with simple paper.
- Cut a triangle in a piece of cardboard 4” x 4” x 5” (13cm x 10cm X 10cm )
- Elastic 3 ½” (9cm)
- One square of fabric 6” x 6” (15cm x 15cm )
- 2 rectangles of tulle to recover the hat: 2 ½” x 5” (13cm x 6cm )
- Decoration for the edge of the hat
- 1 stick
- 2 little piece of fabric for the hearts
- 1 piece of paper with a heart drawn on it
- 3 little piece of tulle for the decoration
- Decoration to put on the heart
- one small elastic
- Sew one little piece of fabric on the paper folowing the shape of the heart. Gather the fabric inside while sewing and sew on the edge.
- Sew the second heart on the other side of the paper. Starting by the bottom of the heart.
- When you are almost done for the second heart, put the stick into it with a little bit of glue. Then sew the rest of the heart.
- Take off the paper arround the heart by tearing it up little by little.
- Sew the tulle fabric on the bottom of one side of the heart : I sewed a little nod too with the tulle.
- Put the decoration arrount each side of the heart. It should be the same af for the hat. For my example, I glued sequins.
- Glue the little piece of elactic on the bottom of the wand, so the doll can handle it. Then sew a little piece of ribbon on top of it.
The fairy hat and wand are ready! Abracadabra!