A pretty hat, like a sailor sunhat. You might want to use two kind of fabrics, it will even more pretty. Make sure to pleat the edge fabric very well, otherwise the edge won’t have a nice aspect.
– A bottle cap or any container cap from the size of the head of your doll diameter 1 ½ “ (3.5cm)
– A thick piece of fabric (I used velvet):
Cut one small round, using the cap
Cut a band the same length of the circumference of your cap 4 ¾ “ x 1” (12cm x 2.5cm)
– A band of fabric for the edge of the hat: 8” x 2” (20cm x 5cm)
– Sew the band to the round. Do not close the band at the end. Try the hat on the doll then close it.
– Pleat the fabric band in two and sew it arround the hat.Pleat the band from time to time.
– Then sew arround the edge to take of the puffy aspect