The fabric I used for this hat suits perfectly for this kind of hat with floating edge. It a little bit rigid but not too much. The decoraton on the back came to me when I was finishing the main hat, I thought it would be lovely with a big imposing decoration on the back. It is a great addition to the complete outfit.
The outfit includes: a dress, a bag, a scarf and a hat.
– Edge: 2 circles 4 ¼” diameter (11cm)
– Top of the hat: 1 circle 1 ½” (4cm) cut on the center of the two big circles
– Side of the hat: 5 ½” x 1 ¼” (14cm x 3cm)
– Sew the two big circles around the edge
– Return the fabrics and sew again to avoid puffy aspect
– Sew the side of the hat inside the edge. Do not close it.
– Sew the top of the hat and close the hat
– Sew the ribbon and a decoration on the back