My daughter asked me to sew this second swimsuit, she wanted a skirt attached to the bottom. I slightly changed the top of the swimsuit, so it won’t be exactly the same as the other swimsuit. Now you can make your own combination, and your dollies will be ready for summer fun.
Happy sewing !
- Bottom : 9 ½’ x 2 ¾’ (24cm x 7cm )
- Skirt : 8’ x 1 ½’ (20cm x 4cm )
- Top : 1 rectangle : 5’ x 2 ½’ (13cm x 6cm )
- 2 sew on snaps
Step 1 :
- Fold the bottom fabric reverse and draw two half circles on each side. Leave ¾’ (2cm) in the middle and on the top for the waist.
- Pin the fabric so it won’t move and sew following the lines
- Cut the extra fabric
Step 2 :
- Cut on the back on ¾’ (2cm) then sew a hem around it. This will be the opening of the swimsuit.
- Reverse the fabric. Pin the opening to keep it closed. Try on the doll and sew the sides.
- Cut the extra fabric on the sides and on the top, then sew a hem on the top
- Sew the skirt, gather from time to time
- Sew the sew on snap on the back