This vest took me a little time to sew. The fabric I choose was not appropriate. I advise to take a thick fabric that does not shred. The collar can also be a little challenging to sew to the vest. My advise here is to be patient, pin the collar on the vest, try it on the doll, then sew it.
As usual this vest is part of a complete outfit that includes: bag, hat, t-shirt, skirt and vest.
– Back: 3 ½” x 4” ( 9cm x 10cm)
– Front: 2 rectangles: 1 ¾” x 4” (10cm x 4cm)
– Sleeves: 2 recangles: 4” x 2 ½” (10cm x 6.5cm)
– Collar: 1 band of fabric different color 3 ½” x 1” ( 9cm x 3cm)
– Draw a mark on the top of the back fabric at ¾” ( 1.5cm) from each side
– Then draw a line from that mark up to the bottom
– Cut the fabric folowing that line, and leave a few inches for the hem
– sew the front and back fabrics together on the shoulders
– Sew the sleeves. Be sure to sew the middle of the sleeves on the top of the shoulders.
– take the collar an sew a hem on the sides and the top
– Pin the collar to the vest. Leave ½” (1.5cm) on each side on the front of the vest
– Sew the collar to the vest
– Sew a hem on the front (I had to use a little piece of lining fabric, because the fabric was shreding)
– Sew a hem on the sleeves
– Sew the vest together and return it gently