Do not throw away your used jeans anymore ! You can use them to sew tons of outfits for your dolls : pants, shorts, sweaters, skirts, dresses…
This jacket for Ken is very easy to sew. I used a pièce of fabric a little bit more used to sew the collar. I needed a différence in fabirc colors.
You can add pockets to the jacket.
Sewing this jacket will be easier if you have a light stretcheable blue jeans fabric.
Happy sewing !
– back : rectangle 4 ¾ ” x 4 ½” (12cm x 11 cm)
– Front : 2 rectangles 3” x 4 ¾ “ (8cm x 12cm)
– Sleeves: 2 rectangles 3 ½ “ x 4” ( 9cm x 10cm)
– Collar: rectangle 1 ¼ “ x 5” ( 3cm x 13cm)
– put the front and the back fabric face to face and pin the shoulders.
– Sew shoulders on 1” (2.5cm) leave ¼” for the hem
– Draw a mark on the middle of the sleeve, then sew it to the shoulder. The mark will help position the sleeve well on the shoulder.
– Sew a hem on each sleeve
– Sew the coat together.
– Pleat the collar into two, then sew it to the coat
– Sew a hem all around the coat
– Sew 3 buttons on the vest and Velcro to close it.
The blue jean jacket for Ken is ready. Don’t forget to look at other outfits for Ken.