This little flounced dress is very easy to sew. You can try to sew it with less or more flounce, it will make a perfect princess dress with the appropriate fabric.
I sewed a little cardigan, a hair band and a bag to complete the outfit.
- Top: 2 ½” x 6” ( 6cm x 15cm)
- Bottom: 3 bands :
o 2 ¾” x 21 “ (7 cm x 53 cm)
o 2 ¾” x 14” (7 cm x 36 cm)
o 2 ¾” x 6 ½” (7 cm x 16 cm)
- Ribbon for the sleeves
- 2 sew on snaps
Step 1: prepare the top
- Sew a hem on the top and sides of the fabric
- Draw a mark at 2” (5cm) from each side of the fafric and draw a line up to 1” from the top (2.5cm)
- Sew the breast pleats folowing the lines
- Draw a line in the middle of the breast pleats at ½” (1cm) from the bottom
- Draw a point on each side of the fabric at ¾” (2cm) from the bottom
- Draw 2 lines from this points to the line in the middle
We will use this line to sew the bottom and the top together.
- Sew the middle band to the dress, gather the fabric
- Then sew the longest band to the dress, gather it.
- Sew the dress on the back up to 2 ¼” (6cm) from the top
- Then sew a hem on the sides