I have always wanted to sew this very mythic dress from the movie Pretty Woman. When I saw that fabric at the store, I knew I had to try. And here it is! I quite like the result. The fabric is is very fluid almost like fabrics that are used to sew swim suits. As a result, it is very hard to sew, I had to sew very slowly and precisely. There are no breast gathers, the dress is ample and adjusts to the doll by itself.
This is a very easy dress to sew, the belt makes all the difference!
- Bottom of the dress: 9” x 5” (23cm x 13cm)
- Top front: 3 ½” x 3 ½” (9cm x 9cm)
- Top back: 2 fabrics: 2” x 3 ½” (5cm x 9cm)
- 3 sew on snaps (1 for the belt)
- Belt: 5” x 1” (13cm x 2.5cm) of faux brown leather
- Sew the top front and back fabrics together on the shoulders
- Sew a hem on the back and on the collar
- Sew the hem around the sleeves 1” (2.5cm) on each side
- Sew a hem on the bottom fabric
- Sew the top and bottom fabrics together
- Sew the dress on the back up to 4” (10cm) from the bottom
- Sew a hem on the rest
- Sew the 2 sew on snaps
- Make the belt by sewing a sew on snap on it