This princess dress is easy to sew. It needs a strechy fabric for the body and any kind of shiny fabric for the frills. I sewed another one using an old t-shirt and chrismas ribbon for the frills. No hem on the frills with ribbons
The tricky part is when sewing the sides of the frills together and then sewing the strech fabric. It needs a little bit of patience.
If you use shiny colors for the frills, you’ll have a great effect for that dress!
And as always, leave me a little comment, I’ll be happy to have your feedback if you tried it.
- 1 strech fabric 5″x8″ (13cm x 20cm)
- 3 rectangular tulle fabric 2.5″x11″ (6.5cm x 28cm)
- 2 rectangular tulle fabric 1.1/4″ x 4″ (3cm x 9cm)
- 3 sew-on snaps
- Sew a hem on each fabric part
- Weight of the small rectangular tulle fabric after hem is 0.5″ (1cm)
- Sew a hem of 2″ (5cm) lenght on each side of the strech fabric. Finish the hem as a triangle as the end of the hem.
- Put the tulle bands on the dress starting from the bottom. Draw a line on the fabric for each bands. Make sure to overlay a little bit each band.
- Sew each band to the strech fabric and gather it, so it will fit the width of the strech fabric. Leave a little of fabric on each side, so you can sew them together later.
- Put the dress reverse on the doll and pin the sleeves on the fabric so it will fit the doll. The sew the sleeves.
- Sew each of the band together.
- Then sew the strech fabric to close the dress.
- Sew the 3 sew- snaps on the back.