I am running a little bit late on my first advent calendar present… here it is. A very pretty skirt, and trendy too, I saw some teenagers wearing the same kind of skirt with leggings.
You will need a little bit of patience to sew the frills one by one. I choose a very soft lace fabric, so it took me forever to sew it one by one. But other than that, this is very simple and easy to do. Fits very well for Christmas celebration, isn’t it?
- Lining of the skirt: Stretch fabric: 6 ½” x 3” (16.5cm x 7.5cm)
- 3 bands of tulle: 23” x 1 ¼” (58cm x 3cm)
- Ribbon for the waist:
- 1 sew on snap
- Sew a hem on the bottom of the lining
- Trace 2 lines on the lining so you can follow them to sew the bands
- Gather and sew each band to the lining
- Sew the skirt on the back up to 1” from the top
- Sew a hem on the rest of the skirt on the back
- Sew the ribbon on the waist and gather a little bit, so it will fit the waist of the doll
- Sew the sew on snap