I love this skirt, it’s one of my favorite. I cut the fabric on the bottom of a blue jeans, so the orange sewing gives the skirt a nice aspect. The skirt was very quick and easy to sew because the fabric is thin.
This skirt belongs to a complete outfit including: a sweater, a bag, a hat and a t-shirt.
- 2 rectangles: 4 ¾” x 3” ( 12cm x 7.5cm)
- 1 band of fabric: 4 ½” x 1” ( 11cm x 2.5cm)
- Sew a hem on one side of each rectangle. Pick the opposite side from each rectangle, so you can surimpose them later
- Sew a hem on the bottom of the rectangles if necessary
- Put one rectangle on the other at 2 ¼” (6cm) and sew on the top
- Sew the band reverse on the front of the skirt. Gather on the sides.
- Pleat the band and sew it on the other side
- Sew the skirt on the back up to 1 ¼” from the top ( 3cm)
- Sew a hem on the rest and a sew on snap on the back