This sportswear top is made with an extensible and soft fabric. It is quite easy to realize. You will need a little bit of patience to sew the reductions on the sleeves and the bottom. Be careful with the hood and try it on your doll before sewing to the top, Barbies tend to have a lot of hair.
Don’t forget to look at the sportswear bottom and long sleeves t-shirt.
- Front: 2 rectangles: 4” x 2” (10cm x 5cm)
- Back: 3 ¾” x 4” (9.5cm x 10cm)
- Sleeves: 2 squares 4” x 4” (10cm x 10cm)
- Hood: 5” x 4” ( 13cm x 10cm)
- 2 sew on snaps
- Put the front fabrics on top of the back fabric and pin
- Draw a mark on the top sides at ½” (1cm)
- Cut the fabric form this point to the bottom corner.
- Now the fabrics are trapezoid
- Sew the top together
- Than again narrow the bottom of the top by cutting little triangles an d sew them back. Be careful to not narrow too much.
- Sew a hem on the bottom
- Pleat the hood in two on the longest side and reverse
- Cut the top of the hood to make half a circle like a hood
- And sew back
- Sew the hood to the top and gather on ly in the back
- Sew a hem on the font of the top and on the hood.
- Sew the sew on snaps