This top is a very simple top to sew. It needs a strechy fabric to fit perfectly to the doll. I sewed 4 of them with different colors. It’s perfect to go with any skirt or pants. You can use a velcro on the back instead of the sew-on snaps. The risk with velcro is that if you put the velcro made outfit with clothes made of tulle, it will damage it.
I will sew other little tops with sleeves and post them soon.
Keep any little piece of fabric and don’t throw away your old t-shirts anymore
And remember: I read all your comments and answer to them if you have questions or suggestions.
- 1 rectangle of strech fabric 5″ x 2″ (5cm x 13cm)
- 2 rubon of 4″ each (10cm)
- Trace a triangle on each side of the rectangle. Approximatively 1/2″ from the tom of the fabric (1.5cm)
- The triangle should not reach the end on one side.
- Sew a hem all around the fabric.
- Sew the Rubon as a sleeve. Star by the front on each side of the triangles.
- Put the top on the doll and pin the other sie of the sleeve.
- Sew the sleeves
- Sew the sew on snaps.
Your top is ready! You can add a little decoration to it.